When you apply to a job on our website at www.lobsterink.com or via other means, e.g. separate email, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Lobster Ink. Lobster Ink is made up of different legal entities, so when we mention “Lobster Ink”, “we”, “our” or “us”, we are referring to the relevant company in the Lobster Ink Group responsible for processing your data. “Lobster Ink Group” companies are: Lobster International S.A. (Switzerland), Lobster Technologies B.V. (The Netherlands), Lobster Ink Africa (Pty) Ltd, and Lobster Ink US, Inc. (USA). Lobster Ink can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. When your application is successful and you are hired by us, this Privacy Statement no longer applies. The processing of personal data of employees of Lobster Ink will be subject to the relevant employee privacy documentation.
Processing of personal data
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing our recruitment and hiring related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, verifying the information received via the application or as otherwise publicly available on you, performing pre-employment screenings and contacting you for future positions that suit your skills and capabilities. Such processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment or necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract. Failure to provide required information may result in us not processing your application.
For these purposes, we may collect and process the following categories of personal data:
- personal details (e.g. name, contact details, language spoken, gender, date of birth, social security number, marital/civil status, nationality);
- talent information (e.g. details contained your letter of application and CV, other details on education and development, work history, drivers’ license, information obtained via reference checks)
- position (e.g. position of interest, title, location, full-time/part-time possible terms of employment)
- compensation and payroll (e.g. possible salary, bonus, benefits, compensation type, salary step, stock options and other awards, currency, pay frequency, effective date of compensation)
- immigration status (e.g. citizenship, passport data and identity card data and details of residency or work permit).
- information collected during face to face interviews, video-calls and/or phone-screenings you may have.
- the results of psychometric or personality tests that you may perform.
- details of how you heard about the position you are applying for.
- travel information (including travel and meal preferences) if traveling is part of the recruitment process.
- payment details such as your bank account number necessary for reimbursements of permitted expenses as part of the recruitment process.
During the recruitment and selection process, we may need to collect certain data that is legally viewed as ‘sensitive’. We will only process these categories of personal data to the extent allowed by applicable law or with your explicit consent. This includes:
- your photo or video image (for site access and security reasons, including the pre-employment screening or to remove or reduce inequality or to ensure diversity in staffing) or
- possible criminal data, e.g. relating to criminal behaviour, criminal records or proceeding regarding criminal or unlawful behaviour (for making a decision on your eligibility for the relevant position and for further pre-employment screening and monitoring).
Personal data access and transfer
During the recruitment process, the candidate’s information will be accessed internally only by those of our employees (including employees of our affiliates) who are directly involved in the recruitment process. Due to the global nature of our operations, we may indeed need to disclose your personal data to personnel and departments of Lobster Ink Group companies in other countries, for instance when you apply for a position abroad.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by us to help manage our recruitment and hiring process on our behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this website. We also engage third party service providers where this is needed to provide us with a product or a service such as IT systems suppliers, background check agencies (including those for criminal checks and psychometric/personality tests where relevant).
We put in place an agreement with Greenhouse Software, Inc and our other third-party service providers to protect your personal data, including the confidentiality and security of this data. They will only use candidate information to process our employment applications and not for their own purposes. Where our service providers are located outside of the EU, e.g. as is the case with Greenhouse Software, Inc., we will ensure to apply adequate safeguards for the international transfers of personal data. At your request, we will provide you with additional details on the applied safeguards.
We will process your personal data as set out above in order to evaluate your application for employment. If your application is rejected we will retain it for a period of up to two years unless otherwise required by applicable law, in order to consider you for new positions.
We will take appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to protect personal data from misuse or accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, acquisition or access, that are consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations.
Your rights and how to contact us
You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you have the right to object to our use of your personal data, but please note that we may then not be able to process your application. Where you have provided consent to our use of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent without this effecting the lawfulness of our use of this data before your withdrawal. You may lodge a complaint with your EU supervisory authority if you do not agree with how we handle your personal data.
Should you have any questions on the content of this Privacy Statement or should you wish to exercise any of your rights or complain about our use of your personal data, feel free to contact us at:
Address: Lobster Ink, c/o Spacesworks, Quai de l'île 13, 1204 Geneva, Switzerland.
Date: March 2019