LOBSTER INTERNATIONAL S.A. (“LOBSTER INK”)
“Personal Information” means any information that we have about you and that identifies or relates specifically to you as an individual.
- GENERAL TERMS
Despite all security measures taken, it is possible for Internet-based communications to be intercepted. Without the use of encryption, the Internet is not a secure medium and privacy cannot be ensured. Internet e-mail is vulnerable and susceptible to interception and forging. Lobster Ink will not be responsible for any damages the User or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential or personal information that the User submits to Lobster Ink through the Internet, or that the User expressly or implicitly authorises Lobster Ink to receive, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted information.
Where you submit Personal Information to us via our Website, we may store and use such information for the purposes that you provided it.
We will take reasonable measures to delete Personal Information that has become obsolete. Over the period that your Personal Information is being used and for a period of at least one year thereafter, or such longer period as we may be required or entitled in terms of any law, we will keep a record of your Personal Information and the purpose for which it is stored.
Should you so request, in writing, we will delete your Personal Information save where we are required or entitled to preserve same in terms of any law.
You acknowledge and accept that we cannot take any responsibility for any of your Personal Information that is collected outside the scope of this agreement by any intermediary or other third party.
Your Personal Information will not be sold, divulged or made available to any third party except as mentioned in this policy and unless required or permitted by law.
You as the User hereby acknowledge and agree as follows:
- you authorize Lobster Ink to retain your Personal Information records for as long as it is reasonably necessary;
- you relieve Lobster Ink of the duty to inform you each time of the fact that your Personal Information is being collected and whether the provision of this information is voluntary or mandatory and what law requires such collection; and
- if any of your Personal Information which is sought to be processed falls within the definition of ‘special personal information’ as defined by any law, you hereby give your consent to the processing of such information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our content creation, development and distribution networks and their affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
The Personal Information that we collect and process about you includes the following:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, engage with learning content, purchase or subscribe to our products and services, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full URLs, clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This includes data from social media profiles. We also work closely with other third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and payment services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies).
- WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with, information about products and services we feel may interest you. If you are a new customer we will only contact you if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your Personal Information in this way, please indicate this on the form we use to collect your Personal Information;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services; and
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our products and services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of content we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant content to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about products or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your Personal Information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, or any company under common control.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- content creation, development and distribution partner networks that require the data to select and serve relevant content to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our content creation, development and distribution partner, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help content creation, development and distribution partners reach the kind of audience they want to target; and
We will disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Lobster Ink or substantially all of its assets are acquired by, or merged with, a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions or any applicable End-User Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lobster Ink, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.